1940s Emerson Electric Company of St. Louis, MO, U.S.A., Type 77646-AS 12" Vintage Desk Fan
Emerson Electric Company's Type 77646 Desk Fan of the 1940s is arguably the best overall designed desk fan ever manufactured. Emerson had reached its Zenith with this model in both engineering and aesthetics.
The exclusive Emerson features such as the spiraled oil groove rotor, finger tip ratcheting oscillation control, and left hand thread screw on blade where all part of the package. Emerson combined these features with an overlapping blade for quiet running and maximum air movement.
Perhaps one of the largest selling points of this model at the time was that the capacitor run motor allowed the fan to pull less than half an ampere on high speed. To see images of this model professionally restored, please visit our "Past Restorations" Gallery. Please contact us for availability.
Standard features of the Emerson Type 77646 vintage desk fan include:
- Dimensions- 12" Blade Diameter
- Cast Iron Motor Housing Frame and Cast Aluminum Base
- Exclusive Emerson Lubricating System Features Spiraled Oil Grooves in Rotor to Provide Lubrication of Hardened Motor Shaft
- 3 Running Speeds with Finger Control Oscillation Mechanism Varies Oscillation from Stationary to 90 degree Sweep
- Easily Convertible to Wall Mounting with Positive Locking Position to Secure the Motor
- One Oil Port for Easily Maintenance Every 3 Months