1903 General Electric Company, U.S.A., 12" Antique Desk Fan
The 1903 General Electric 12" desk fan was introduced with a slightly modified design that created a new look with a base mounted 5 speed switch. The fully fluted base and brass "wedding" band design of the stationary version shown in this gallery, are a couple of the attributes that highlight this elegant model.
An advertisment from 1930 features a testimonial from a 1903 General Electric desk fan owner who proclaims:
"This fan has never been near any repair department, and has cost in the 27 years nothing whatsoever...It still is doing hard duty. I would say that my fans run nearly four months in the year, and in heat like we are now having down this way it does 24 hour duty." Click here to view actual ad!
Features of the 1903 General Electric desk fan are:
- Dimensions- 12" Blade Diameter
- Cast Iron Frame and Motor Housing
- Spring Tension Oil Wick System that Continously Circulates Oil to the Motor Shaft.
- Solid Brass Blade, Brass Guard and Brass Trim
- 5 speed
- Fully Fluted Base manufactured 1 year or less.
- Also Available in a Yoke Mount that Allows the Motor to Tilt.