1928-32c. Diehl Manufacturing Company,Elizabeth, N.J., U.S.A. 12" 3 Speed, Oscillating Desk Fan, Full Restoration, Standard Gloss Black Finish
The Diehl Company introduced a version of this model in the early 1920s or so. This was their standard desk model that was available through the 1920s and as late as the early 1930s or so. The basic design of the motor and oscillator actually was used into the 1950s and possibly as late as the early 1960s. These fans had a major weakness in the oscillator engagement device and for that reason are often found missing pieces to the oscillator.
The fan shown in this gallery is a family heirloom from a client that lives in Austin, Texas. It was in complete condition and was a great canidate for restoration. We do not stock this model, but we can possibly locate one if a client decides that this is the fan they must own. Today this model is in limited supply. Please contact us for availability
Some of the features of the 1928-32c. Diehl Manufacturing desk fan include:
• Dimensions- 12" Diameter blade
• Cast Iron Base and Motor Housing with Stamped Steel Center Band.
• Spring Tension Oil Wick System that Continuously Circulates Oil to the Motor Shaft
• Steel Painted Blade, Earlier Versions made with Brass Blade
• 3 speed operation with Oscillator Engagement and Disengagement
• Easily Converts to Wall Mounting Position