1920s Robbins and Myers Company, Springfield, Ohio, U.S.A., 36" Antique Ceiling Fan
The Robbins and Myers Company manufactured some of the highest quality ceiling and desk fans ever produced. The 36" ceiling fans that R&M produced during the 1920s continued that long tradition of excellence.
This model features graceful styling that blends smooth lines and a twin canopy design that is similar to General Electric ceiling fans of the period. The 1920s R&M 36" ceiling fan is especially suited in areas where only a smaller fan is needed including the kitchen, bathroom, or office study.
The actual fan shown in this gallery was restored for a historic South Texas home. It was restored as original in gloss black with mahogany finished blades and pull chain switches for the motor and light.
Some of the features of the 1920s Robbins and Myers 36" antique ceiling fan include:
- Dimensions- 12" length x 8" motor diameter
- Cast Iron Frame and Motor Housing.
- Oil Bath Lubrication System Continuously Bathes the Motor Shaft in a Curtain of Oil.
- Thrust Bearing Design is Immersed in Oil at All Times.
- Simplistic Twin Canopy Design
- Most Versions Include an Up-Down Rotor that Allows the Blade Pitch to Reverse
- Solid State Speed Control Allows for a Variety of Speeds