1937- 50c. The Emerson Electric MFG. Co., ST. Louis , MO., U.S.A., 36" Type 84641-AG Vintage Ceiling Fan
We believe the Emerson Electric Manufacturing Company introduced this model 36" vintage ceiling fan around the end of the 1930s. After the WWII, they manufactured it in the same famous bronze finish that was available on their popular 10" and 12" desk fans at the time.
The 36" model shown here was a match to the 52" model produced by Emerson at the same time. In company literature of the period, Emerson stated that these ceiling fans were " Dependable, out-of-the-way Ceiling Fans" and that they were the "Long time leaders in the field for reliability, breeze power and attractive appearance".
We restored the featured fan to compliment a sibling installation in a Manhattan, N.Y. home. The finish is a custom automotive match to the original that far exceeds the original finish available from Emerson. Of course this model is available in standard finishes as well. A few features of the 1937-50c. Emerson 36" vintage ceiling fan include:
- Dimensions - 10" length x 9" Diameter
- Cast Iron Frame and Motor Housing.
- Oil Bath Lubrication System Continuously Bathes The Motor Shaft in a Curtain of Oil.
- Thrust Bearing Design is Immersed in Oil at All Times.
- Distinctive Modern Styling Compliments Many Period Decors.
- Available with Period Correct Factory Light Fitter Attachment.
- Solid State Speed Control Allows for a Variety of Speeds