1918-31c. Emerson Electric Company of St. Louis, M.O., U.S.A. 56" Antique Ceiling Fan
Emerson Electric Company introduced this model type 45641 in about 1918 and offered it in a unique copper oxide finish during that time. Emerson engineered such a superb design in this model that they continued to produce it until at least 1931 when they proclaimed that " this fan can be used anywhere that big volumes of air must be moved". This feature alone could be the reason that Emerson sold so many of these fans for use in public buildings such as court houses and hotels.
We actually know of one of these models still installed in a former apothecary where it has performed its duty faithfully since the 1920s. Today we ship this model fully restored with a 6 amp variable speed control so that it can be enjoyed without it blowing the curtains around.
The Emerson type 45641 antique ceiling fan shown here was restored in a Roman bronze matte finish for a client's new custom home. This model is available in any painted or plated finish you desire.
Features of this model include:
- Dimensions- 11" length x 12" diameter
- Cast Iron Frame and Motor Housing.
- Oil Bath Lubrication System Continuously Bathes the Motor Shaft in a Curtain of Oil.
- Thrust Bearing Design is Immersed in Oil at All Times.
- Classic Design with a mixture of slightly ornamental yet simplistic. A Bungalow Special.
- Solid State Speed Control Allows for a Variety of Speeds.